By Clifford C. Houk, Richard Post
CHEMISTRY moment EDITION
The speedy, effortless solution to grasp the basics of chemistry
Have you ever puzzled concerning the changes among beverages, gases, and solids? Or what truly occurs while whatever burns? What precisely is an answer? An acid? A base? this is often chemistry--the composition and constitution of gear composing all subject, and the way they are often reworked. no matter if you're learning chemistry for the 1st time by yourself, are looking to refresh your reminiscence for a try out, or desire a little aid for a direction, this concise, interactive consultant provides a clean method of this attention-grabbing topic. This absolutely up to date variation of Chemistry: thoughts and difficulties:
* Has been demonstrated, rewritten, and retested to make sure that you could train your self all approximately chemistry
* calls for no must haves
* permits you to paintings at your personal velocity with a priceless question-and-answer layout
* Lists goals for every chapter--you can pass forward or locate additional support if you would like it
* Reinforces what you study with bankruptcy self-tests
Read or Download Chemistry: Concepts and Problems: A Self-Teaching Guide (Wiley Self-Teaching Guides) PDF
Best chemistry books
Complaints of the Intl Symposium on sturdy kingdom Chemistry in China, held August 9-12, 2002 in Changchun, China. contains the superb learn effects lately received by way of a large spectrum of reliable nation chemists either from China and from out of the country.
Content material: bankruptcy IX Aminopyridines (pages 1–177): Andrew S. Tomcufcik and Lee N. StarkerChapter X Pyridinecarboxylic Acids (pages 179–346): Eugene P. OlivetoChapter XI Pyridine aspect? Chain Carboxylic Acids (pages 347–507): John C. GodfreyChapter XII Pyridinols and Pyridones (pages 509–890): Herbert Meislich
During this Festschrift devoted to the sixtieth birthday of Gregory S. Ezra, chosen researchers in theoretical chemistry current examine highlights on significant advancements within the box. initially released within the magazine Theoretical Chemistry debts, those impressive contributions at the moment are to be had in a hardcover print layout, in addition to a distinct digital variation.
- Handbook of Physical-Chemical Properties and Environmental Fate for Organic Chemicals. Introduction and Hydrocarbons(ISBN 1566706874 set)
- Polymer Materials for Electronic Applications
- Carbohydrate Chemistry v.23
- Metabolism and Interactions. The Chemistry and Biology of Compounds Containing Amino Sugars
- The Alkaloids: Chemistry and Physiology V19, Volume 19
Additional info for Chemistry: Concepts and Problems: A Self-Teaching Guide (Wiley Self-Teaching Guides)
28. BEYERMAN, H. , ]. EE~SHUISTRA and \Y. EvELEEXS: On the Absolute Configuration of Sedamine and Sedridine. Rec. trav. chim. Pays-Bas 76,415 (1957). 29. BEYER~IAX, H. , J. EEXSHUISTRA, \V. EVELEEXS and A. ZWE1STRA: Studies an Sedum Alkaloids. V. Synthesis and Optical Resolution of Sedamine ancl Sedridine. Rec. trav. chim. Pays-Bas 78, 43 (1959). 30. BEYERMAN, H. , \\". EVELEEXS and Y. M. F. MvLLER: On the Synthesis and Stereochemistry of Sedamine. Rec. trav. chim. Pays-Bas 75, 63 (1956) . JI. BEYERMAX, H.
1969. I20. - Naturstoffe mit Pyridinstruktur und ihre Biosynthese. Fortschr. Chem. org. Naturst. 28, 109 (1970). I2I. - Die Biosynthese iridoider Naturstoffe. Fortschr. Bot. 32, 93 (1970). r22. GscHWEND, H. : The Synthesis of Nigrifactin. Tetrahedron Letters 1970, 2711. I2J. GUPTA, R. : Biosynthesis of thc Piperidine Alkaloids. Lloydia 31, 318 (r968). r24. GUPTA, R. N. and I. D. SPENSER: Biosynthesis of the Piperidine Alkaloids. The C 6-C 2 -Cnits of Sedamine and Lobinaline. Chem. Comm. 1966, 893.
EVELEEXS and A. ZWE1STRA: Studies an Sedum Alkaloids. V. Synthesis and Optical Resolution of Sedamine ancl Sedridine. Rec. trav. chim. Pays-Bas 78, 43 (1959). 30. BEYERMAN, H. , \\". EVELEEXS and Y. M. F. MvLLER: On the Synthesis and Stereochemistry of Sedamine. Rec. trav. chim. Pays-Bas 75, 63 (1956) . JI. BEYERMAX, H. , :vr. VAN LEEUWE:';', J. SMIDT ancl A. , a Revision of the Generally Accepted Structure. Rec. trav. chim. Pays-Bas 8o, 513 (1961). ]2. BEYERMAN, H. C. and L. MAAT: Synthesis and Absolute Configuration of Tanret's (- )-Pelletierine.
Chemistry: Concepts and Problems: A Self-Teaching Guide (Wiley Self-Teaching Guides) by Clifford C. Houk, Richard Post